Wednesday, August 13, 2008

life can be stressful

Times are crazy right now. It is so easy to become wrapped up in the fast pace around you and become overwhelmed by daily activities. Lately I too have begun to feel the stress and think "how will I get through this time." As I was reading my book last night, "The Mom Walk - Keeping in Step with God's Heart for Motherhood - I read a chapter about this very feeling. The author spoke about a dream she had that God had reached out to her with his large hand and asked her to climb into his palm. As he lifted her high into the sky among the galaxies and stars she looked down at the remarkable sight below. She said that God told her to look down to the earth, where she had been stewing and fretting about the issues in her life - he then asked the single question - "How big do your problems look from here?" As she gazed down at the earth she had to strain to even see her neighborhood...she told the Lord that they appeared tiny indeed.

Reflecting on the meaning of this dream helps us to see that even the hardest situations to us are simple to God. She says, "they are not unimportant in the sense that they don't affect my life, but they are small matters for Him to take care of if I will just trust Him."

Whatever it is that may be getting you down- trust in Him to take care of it. This to shall pass.

No comments: